ISLAMABAD: Pakistan’s youth batting linchpin Rohail Nazir aims to take his form into the Junior World Cup, saying the Emerging Teams Asia Cup triumph will go a long way in boosting his morale for the mega cricket event.Rohail, who along with the Emerging team returned home on Monday after anchoring Pakistan to a convincing win against hosts Bangladesh in the final, said he was happy his century helped Pakistan win the title.“It is always encouraging to see your personal performance contributing to the team’s success. I really feel ecstatic,” Rohail said.Man of the Final, Rohail said he loved batting at the No 3 position. “When I was asked to bat at No 3, I was really happy. We lost two quick wickets in the final and together with Imran Rafiq we put on 117 for the third wicket to give fresh impetus to the Pakistan innings. When I got out at 243 we were well placed to score around 300,” the wicketkeeper-batsman, who made 113 in final, said.Rohail hoped that century would go a long way in boosting his confidence for the Junior World Cup, to be held in South Africa. “Along with Haider Ali and Naseem Shah we now have to take responsibility to lead our mates in the World Cup. We three have now played senior cricket. The onus is now on us to guide our team-mates in the Junior World Cup. I am ready for it.”Rohail and Haider will join the junior training camp in Lahore on Thursday.He said Pakistan have a formidable side for the Junior World Cup. “This time we have a very well balanced team and have answers to all problems; a good batting side backed by quality spin and pace attack. On top of all that, we have a very helpful and well versed coach in Ejaz Ahmad. If all goes according to plan, we have a good chance of showing our true worth.”He praised the Diamond Cricket Academy for helping him hone his skills. “I learnt all my cricket at the academy,” he said.
from The News International - Sports https://ift.tt/2OIb5oJ
No comments:
Post a Comment